Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Minute Friday: ORDINARY


At time life can seem so mundane. The clock ticks. The tasks become routine. The days meld together. It all seems so ORDINARY.

Don't get me wrong. Ordinary can actually be a safe, comfy place at times. But what if I added a little EXTRA here and there? EXTRA + ORDINARY = EXTRAORDINARY!

There folks, is your English and spelling lesson for the day. You're welcome!

Seriously, what if I gave a little more? What if I put my heart into all those little tasks or took the time to notice the blessings sprinkled throughout instead of just mindless racing through my day or going in circles like a hamster on its wheel running, running, running and getting no where?

All too often I take the ordinary for granted. I get so wrapped up in telling myself that there has to be more. What if instead of just living, I started LIVING? Perhaps ordinary would become extraordinary and I'd realize it isn't so bad.

 Linking up with Lisa Jo

2 comments:

  1. This is a great call to being intentional in our everyday moments. I love that you show we are already living, but with a little perspective, we can really LIVE. Love that!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post. Ordinary becomes extra ordinary when God is our focus! (linked up before you for FMF) Blessings, Leah@embracingrace.com

    ReplyDelete