Friday, March 8, 2013

Five Minute Friday: HOME

"If only I could quit seeing it as the fixer-upper house that'll never be enough and instead work on my fixer-upper attitude to see it as the home that it is: overflowing with love," were the powerful words I wrote in this post several months ago.

Although I have been working hard at clearing clutter and doing some little projects (including a new living room paint color), I doubt this old house will ever be worthy of a magazine cover or the HGTV channel. Our furnishings are a mis-matched collection of hand-me downs and bargain finds we carted home with a little DIY thrown into the mix. There was no fancy advertisements, outrageous price tags or delivery in three days or less! In fact, most came with a note stating, "some assembly required." But they're ours. They tell a story: our story. The story of how we are making this house our home.

And one thing is certain. At the end of the day when I sink into the worn-down cushions of my secondhand couch, I am home. Surrounded by the people, the pets, the memories and the moments yet to come...I am home.

I just love this sign that I have hanging in our living room. What a great reminder.
Linking up with Lisa Jo for Five Minute Friday
 
The Rules
 
1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking.
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. And the fun. And the heart of this community.. 




2 comments:

  1. "the people, the pets, the memories and the moments yet to come..."

    what a perfect description of what home should be

    May His peace fill every corner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree w/ HisFireFly.

    Laura Hedgecock
    Http://www.TreasureChestofMemories.com

    ReplyDelete