Sunday, July 6, 2008

Disconnected for Recharging

After several weeks of hectic schedules we decided to "get away". So we packed everyone up (including Mojo the dog) and headed out on the 4th to my in-laws for a family picnic, campfire and campout.

It was so nice to "disconnect" for a couple of days. No watch...cell phone off...no computer, no television...no radio... We stayed in our pop-up camper and Ben's brother and his wife pitched a tent (that in itself was quite fun and entertaining...that's a story for another day). Some highlights of the two days we were there... A lacrosse game with the dog...

LOTS of tasty food...YUMMY s'mores...live music...lots of laughter...4 hours sleep (realized I'm too old for that now)...DELICIOUS breakfast at "Anne's Diner" (aka my mother-in-laws kitchen)...some more fun & laughter...a back deck mani/pedi session with the "girls"...an MG ride with my hubby...a visit with the sweet neighbor lady...and a family road trip to our fave ice cream shop for some freshly made waffle cones.


We all had such a great time. It was nice to "just be"...to not have a schedule and watch the clock trying to keep to it. I guess I hadn't realized how much I needed to get away from things...to disconnect from the buzyness and distractions of life and instead "plug into" my family for a "recharging of my emotional batteries."


No comments:

Post a Comment