Sunday, July 27, 2008

Anxiously Waiting...

Ben has been gone to a men's retreat since Thursday evening. It has been rough on us as it is the longest he's been gone away from home and we have had no contact with him since he left. We received word "through the grapevine" a couple of hours ago that he would be on his way home soon, but so far we have not seen nor heard anything of his return. So we're trying to remain occupied and patient as we await his arrival, but I am getting a bit antsy for him to get here and Em is getting VERY anxious for her daddy to be home.

All in all it has been a good, busy weekend, but I am so ready for him to be back. I've come to a new appreciation in regards to his helpfulness with household and family duties and have realized how truly thankful I am for him in my life. I guess absence really does make the heart grow fonder...


UPDATE: He's home! Lots of hugs...daddy/daughter laughter...some pizza...now he's reading bedtime stories in her room. Life is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment