Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Breaking Free

Ok...so I have had about enough of winter! I so long for some warmth and sunshine and some dry ground. This morning I took Em to school, returned home for a few and then went out to leave for work. I got in the car, started it up, put it in reverse and along came the spinning tires... I was going nowhere. The combination of mud, ice and ruts in the driveway had my car trapped. So after a few unsuccesful attempts to break free (including cat litter under the tires) I ended up having to call my prince charming and wait for him to ride in on his white horse to my rescue. Ok! Ok! So it was a silver car...but he still came to my rescue. After a little assistance, I was finally free from the driveway and on my way to work.

As I reflect on the morning events being stuck in a rut (literally), unable to break free and having to call for help, I can't help but think of the bigger picture which I have been reminded of a lot lately and the "ruts" of our lives that we so often find ourselves in, unable to break loose from the hold they have on us until we are willing to admit that we can't do it alone, surrender control and "call" for help. The best part of it all is that when we call upon the Lord we won't get his voice-mail...he's always there to answer and come to our rescue if we'll let him.

No comments:

Post a Comment