Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Seriously?

All winter we waited...and we waited...where was the winter weather? It was cold, we had flurries, we had a little accumulation, but mo major storms. No "snow days" from school. Along came March...there were days the thermometer was in the 80s and even 90 degrees! What?!? I felt a little like "Dorothy". I don't think we're in Kansas (I mean, upstate New York) anymore!

According to the calendar the official start of spring came and went. The trees began to turn green again, the lawn began to perk up, some flower started sprouting, and the tell-tale yellow pollen formed a blanket. Then the moment we had waited for, given up on and hoped wouldn't come until next year arrived! A SNOW DAY, the 23rd of April. Seriously?!?

Just when I had purchased some comfy capris, some pretty new tops and my bare toes were celebrating their glorious reunion with flip flops...BAM...SNOW!

I guess I was in denial when I heard the weather reports, and perhaps my hubby was too when he said, "Oh, it's going to go around us." Sorry babe! He woke me yesterday morning to tell me that he had shoveled the walk and that I'd have some extra 'help' at home for the day...SNOW DAY from school.

Guess the weather is trying to keep me on my toes...even if they're now back to being covered by fuzzy socks!!



Friday

Monday

What a difference a weekend can make?




No comments:

Post a Comment