Saturday, July 23, 2011

Where in the World has Gabby Been?

You may be asking yourself that very question. (I'd like to think I've been missed!) The last month and a half has pretty much been a whirlwind of activity. I've been out living life and enjoying every minute of it and just haven't taken the time out to sit and tell you all about it. Here's the lowdown on what I've been up to (in case you're curious aka nosey like me!)...
  • Spent some time in the 4th grade :  Shared my writing/editing skills assisting the class with book reviews; attending a couple field trips and the 4th grade celebration picnic
  • Spring concert (my girl had a saxaphone duet and a singing quartet)
  • A fun long-weekend visit from my big sister (she got to come to Em's concert!)
  • Ben's birthday complete with a visit to the Japanes Hibachi Restaurant
  • Ben's first week-long "business trip" to install a robot
  • Em's 4th grade awards ceremony...she makes me SO proud!
  • Picnics
  • My 2-day birthday celebration with my first trip to Five Guys Burgers & Fries and a little shopping the day before, a backyard cookout with my parents the day of and watching fireworks over the lake from the back of the in-laws new sailboat on my birthday evening (Maybe turning 36 wasn't so bad after all!)
  • Numerous afternoons spent at the community pool with my girl
  • A trip to Sodus Point Beach and Lighthouse Museum
  • A road trip/shopping trip to a big mall a couple hours away (where among other things, we had lunch at Johnny Rockets, I fell in love with H&M, peeked around Anthropologie and witnessed big smiles at Build a Bear)
  • HOT weather...and this past week I mean H-O-T!!! We have had record-breaking temps with triple digit thermometer readings...104* was the official high on Thursday!
  • Some new mothering tasks such as dealing with "boyfriends" and "break-ups" (But hey...momma got a taste of what's to come and Em got a new friendship out of the ordeal...his sister whose just a year younger)
  • Late night snuggles and giggles with my fave girl in the whole world
And so you don't think it's "all play and no work", we have been doing a bit of de-cluttering around the house and I have a couple freelance writing projects that keep me busy but give me the freedom of setting my own schedule and working in the comforts of home (which this week meant the "office" was my air-conditioned bedroom)

That pretty much sums up my life lately. Hope you all have been having as much fun as I have! I'll leave you with a some photo highlights:


Em's fun at the 4th Grade Picnic

Happy Birthday to ME!!!

Ready for an afternoon at the Lake

"Peek!" My father-in-law peeking out the hatch of his 'new' sailboat!

Dusk at the Dock

"QUACK!"

No comments:

Post a Comment