Tuesday, September 22, 2009

The Season of Thanks

Happy fall, y'all! As autumn officially began today I have been thinking about all that comes with it. We are anticipating apple picking, the continued growth of our pumpkin (separate post in the near future with all the details on how pumpkin growing came to be at our house), Halloween and eventually Thanksgiving.

I've also been trying very hard lately to focus on the positive and all of the many blessings in my life. So I've decided to challenge myself to come up with at least 1 thing each day now through Thanksgiving that I am thankful for. My hope is that with each falling leaf, my negativity will drift away as well. I want to live intentionally, notice the little things and realize the many gifts in my life.

Tonight I'm going to start with being thankful for family and friends who love me unconditionally... even when I'm having an "EGR" Moment (Extra Grace Required-LOVE that term...thanks Pastor Bill!)

My moments tend to come all too frequently and I so appreciate the love and support of family and am grateful for my dear friends who have made the decision to become part of my life and choose to stand by me. I'm lucky to have such wonderful people in my life to love me even during the rough patches and encourage me to do what I need to do to have less of them. THANKS to all for your love, support, encouragement and inspiration.

No comments:

Post a Comment