Friday, June 15, 2012

Five Minute Friday: Path



Under bright blue skies with puffy marshmallow clouds, I make my way down the brightly lit path so sure of where I'm going. The aroma of wildflowers tickles my nose, the sunlight warms my face and I cannot help myself from humming along to the bird song.

But, then as if someone flips a switch, dark clouds roll in. The sun fades. Darkness grows.

My once bright, smooth path has turned to dimly lit bumpy terrain and I have all I can do to keep from tripping. As I stumble along I begin to wonder. Am I going the right way? Is that really my destination up ahead? Should I even be trying to get there? 

The questions...the doubt...the fear.

But in that moment, it comes. Just enough light to take that next step. I take it. And the next. I continue one step at a time along life's journey...trusting and hopeful.




*I'm linking up with The Gypsy Mama (Lisa Jo) for Five Minute Friday.
For five minutes flat. No extreme editing; no worrying about perfect grammar, font, or punctuation. Unscripted. Unedited. Real. 
 
 Want to join in? It's EASY!

1. Write for 5 minutes flat – no editing, no over thinking, no backtracking
2. Link back here and invite others to join in.
3. And then absolutely, no ifs, ands or buts about it, you need to visit the person who linked up before you & encourage them in their comments. Seriously. That is, like, the rule. 
And the fun. And the heart of this community..

2 comments:

  1. I love it. There's always hope even through the most difficult obstacles. Thank you for this encouragement this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I've been there so many times! So true! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete