Friday, February 1, 2008

Home Improvement One Bag at a Time...

Well, I've embarked on a home (and life) improvement project...de-cluttering. I don't know if it's a good thing to admit or not, but so far I have had more than a full giant garbage bag, 2 bags of recycling, 2 bags of shredding and 2 bags of clothing items (all mine) to donate to charity and 1 large rubbermaid tote of clothing to store. And I have only done a very small portion of the house. YIKES! There is still so much sorting, getting rid of and organizing left to do, but I really feel great about the areas that have gotten done so far.

It is amazing how significant an effect the clutter can have on a person...and how wonderful it can be to finally be free of that burden. I just hope I can keep up the motivation and momentum to get the rest of the house clutter free.
Here are a few before and after photos...

The "Cluttered" Hall..."Before"


The hallway after...what a difference a Saturday morning "de-junk" session can make!


The living room before...



The living room after...a place to sit and relax!

Stay tuned for more amazing transformations!

No comments:

Post a Comment